Clinical audit is a process of systematically evaluating care against agreed standards.
The aim of audit is:
- To benchmark current performance in EDs against the standards
- To allow comparison nationally and between peers
- To identify areas in need of improvement
Audit should be followed by changes designed to improve conformity with the standards and then by re-evaluation to demonstrate such improvement. This is known as the audit cycle.
Current Audits in progress:
- Head Injury Pathway (Carla and Gillian)
- Monitoring the Implementation of new Self Harm CNS team (Abdulsadek & Natasha )
- Cellulitis Pathway – Rohan
Examples of previously conducted audits (first cycle) are attached below:
If you are an interested in getting involved in audit during your rotation in ED please liaise with Sinéad McArdle (firstname.lastname@example.org). It a great opportunity to get an extra line on the CV!